Le deal à ne pas rater :
Disque dur SSD CRUCIAL P3 1 To (3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2)
65.91 €
Voir le deal

Partagez|

A fateful encounter [ ft. Caitlin and Dmitri ]

Cody D. Everglade
Cody D. Everglade

écrivain à succès

A fateful encounter [ ft. Caitlin and  Dmitri ] Empty
Lun 6 Jan - 22:38

Dmitri

Time for miracles

Kicking dirt with my feet, I watch the grey clouds passing by in the sky. The alley I walked into is partly hidden in the darkness. Not that I am worried, but I like to know where I go. Whatever, it doesn't matter anyway. I know this passage, like I know all the little roads in this city. They have no secrets for me.

The weather is rather cold for this period. I tuck my hands in the pockets of my trench coat. White puffs of breath escape my mouth. It's just like when I was a kid, enjoying the simple things of life. But life's not simple, that I know. I smile remembering the face of the poor woman who I'd just give a loaf of bread on the other side of the iron fence. She couldn't believe it. I just said there were still people willing to help in this city. I wish I could do more. All those Villagers...I make everyday my mission to help these guys. Sadly, I am but one man. And it isn't nearly enough. I know there's some kind of secret organization, called the Guild of the Shadows. I've never seen one of their members, though. They operate in the dark, showing where no one expects it. I think they're brave, but foolish. Violence is never a good solution. Fists and swords can make good points, but with the new allies come also new enemies.

I shake my head. These are heavy thoughts to have on mind on such an early hour. I should probably go home and make some breakfast. But the idea of eating alone in the too big family mansion isn't really appealing. I guess I will stay a while here, on a bench. Getting away of the oppression I feel in the house. I don't even want to say MY house, to be true. It's like I'm a stranger there, touching and using things that don't belong to me, but to my parents. Even in death, I still sense their disapprovement in everything I do. I sigh. It doens't matter. What is dead, stays dead. No one can tell me what to do.

© Fiche par Hailey J. Kingston pour Expiation exclusivement

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Malbe
Malbe

Expié engagé

Mar 7 Jan - 23:33

Caitlin
A fateful encounter

Caitlin walks in the village. Winter won the gardens and streets, frost covers houses fronts and the air is icy. Her cheeks turn red and cold grabbed her. She bundle up in her coat and slipped further into his collar wool.

Caitlin walks quietly, trying to escape her home. Whether in the family house of her parents or the one she shares with her husband. In both, she feels like a stranger.
The young woman cash every day the criticisms that she is too "wild". Her mother called her "the girl too wild", pushing others. But how not to be when we imposed you a husband and a life that you didn't choose?
Her mother was exaggerating still she was not so wild, she doesn't poush people away. Put distance was easier but she could be very sociable. The proof: she can speak with anyone. She notices a young man on a bench . Thirties, dark hair, a chic coat. He seems lost in thought staring into space. She is sure to have already seen him before, probably a noble. She approaches the bench and sits down in her turn.

- Good morning.

Cody D. Everglade
Cody D. Everglade

écrivain à succès

Mer 8 Jan - 21:08

Dmitri

Time for miracles

I was certainly not paying attention for a moment because when I turned my head I saw a young lady sitting next to me, greeting me with a polite " good morning". I'm surprised to see someone out here in the morning. Most of the people would be sleeping or waking up. I guess she is different. I like that. Being who you really are, and not following the trend of the others...Still, I'm not sure why she's here. I mean, she knows who I am, right ? Even if I don't know her. She must have heard some rumors about me. People like to gossip, and I'm an easy target. It doesn't bother me. I've spent my whole life hearing I wasn't worthy enough of this life, family and world. I learned to block those words. Everyone can judge, but few can really see what is going on.

- Good morning.

My voice is raspy and broken from the cold. I look up to the face of the woman. She wears a burgundy coat that matches the faint blush on her cheeks. I vaguely remember her now. She was at the Mikaelson Mansion for the Bloody Moon. I'm not really proud of what happened there. I must've totally blacked out at a moment, because I couldn't remember a thing when I woke up, still on my chair. Alcohol..not something I'll try again soon.

- I'm sorry but I can't find your name. Miss ... ?

I hope I'm not coming off to rude. Conversations are not my forte.

Malbe
Malbe

Expié engagé

Mer 8 Jan - 22:55

Caitlin
A fateful encounter

The man turns to her, just turning the head in slow motion. His face is serious, he has a beard that date from yesterday. His eyes pierce her and she suddenly remembers that this man is the one commonly called " the man with eyes of ice " Her parents told her that , according to rumors , he had killed someone with a simple look. She had never believed that of course.
But now he was in front of her , she felt petrified. His eyes shot her and she felt that he could read in her mind. She trembles and acted like it was the frigid air of the atmosphere.

- I'm sorry but I can not find your name . Miss ... ?

Miss ? Nobody had called her like that for a while. In fact nobody had called her at all for a while.

- I prefer lady , if you do not mind . Lady Caitlin Larisson . And I'm sorry but I do not know your name too .

She was too embarrassed to tell him that she knew only rumors about him. Nobody likes to know that kind of things.

Cody D. Everglade
Cody D. Everglade

écrivain à succès

Jeu 9 Jan - 17:41

Dmitri

Time for miracles

Lady ? Of course, it's logic. She looks really young, but isn't that all the point here ? Marry young, have children, be successful, keep your mouth shut and die. Not necessarily in this order. I catch her awkward gaze. I can't help but feel a little disappointed in her reaction. She tries to hide it, but I know that my eyes are disturbing her. She knows the rumors about me, there's no doubt. I can't blame her. People talk faster than think about the consequences.

- Please excuse me, Lady Caitlin. I'm Dmitri.

That's it. No surname, no middle-name. I have them, don't get me wrong. I just decided to not use them anymore, as I was never really part of the family. I look away, giving Lady Caitlin a break. Honestly, I don't get it. What's the problem with my eyes ? They are blue, like, really blue, but that's all ! It's not like I can see the soul inside a person by just looking at it. This society is sick. You're a little different than the rest, you're an outcast. All hypocrites.

- If I make you uncomfortable, I'll go away.

I hope not. This is the first conversation that I've had in a long time.

Malbe
Malbe

Expié engagé

Jeu 9 Jan - 19:36

Caitlin
A fateful encounter

His name is Dmitri. Strange for a young man like him.

- Do you have any origins from an other country ?

He seems to have noticed his discomfort. He looked away, feeling embarrassed here. She tilts her head to the side, all evidences Dmitri was complexed.

- If I make you uncomfortable, I'll go away.
- Not at all I prefer not to talk to someone who turns his back.

She smiles at him sweetly to show that it's not a big problem. Although his inquisitive look disturbs her, she makes like it was nothing.
The rumors about him are false, she feels it immediately. This man is charming and perfectly normal. Who invented this story of murder by look? Ridiculous.
To show she wants him to stay, she shifts on the bench to be closer.

Cody D. Everglade
Cody D. Everglade

écrivain à succès

Jeu 9 Jan - 21:11

Dmitri

Time for miracles

I raise my head, a honest smile on my face. I wasn't expecting this answer, but I take it nonetheless.  Maybe today will be different. Maybe today, I'll gain a friend.

- Yes, I have foreign origins, the grand-parents of my grand-parents, actually.  

I never thought about that, but I if lived there, instead of here...Would've my life been better ? Would've had friends ? A loving family ? A meaning in this world ? So much questions, and not even one answer.

Lady Caitlin moves in closer, stepping out of her comfort zone. At least, she's not afraid of me. What kind of threat can I be, though ? I can't even fight.

- Wise words, Lady Caitlin.

I decide to be bold. Usually, I'm not so good at the whole " hello, how are you " thing, but I have to take my chance.

- Can I ask you what the reason is for a young lady  wandering in the alleys on such an early hour ?

Who am I kidding ? As if she'll tell me, a stranger, what her reasons are.

Malbe
Malbe

Expié engagé

Jeu 9 Jan - 23:50

Caitlin
A fateful encounter

Maybe she went too fast and Dmitri shows quick. Apparently he was not used to discussions with distinguished lady, he quickly tackled the subject. His eyes stared at her intensely and She had the feeling that he wanted to know everything about her life. But maybe he just wanted to talk to her and know her. She lowered her head and looked down at her feet. Could she tell him about his family? This man was a stranger but she felt as a open book with him. Something pushed her to trust. But her education did not allow her to reveal herself to a man. She chooses to tell a part of truth without telling him her life.

- Actually, I could not sleep and fresh air in the morning is quite nice to me. I love to watch the fine mist that covers the landscape and the droplets of dew on the walls. Do not you find it charming?

She watched his face. His features were more relaxed than a few seconds earlier. It was a good thing, he also seemed more confident.

- Hm I do not know if I can tell you. But I also want to admit, leaving me walking, I escape to my requirements. This can change my mind and I think about something else.

Cody D. Everglade
Cody D. Everglade

écrivain à succès

Ven 10 Jan - 19:38

Dmitri

Time for miracles

This conversation is suddenly more interesting. Lady Caitlin has the same problem as me, as it seems. I wonder why. Maybe her marriage is not as happy as she wanted it to be. But it's not mine to judge.

- I must agree, the whole winter thing makes the city beautiful.

I'm sure the Village is even more so. I'd really like to see it myself, but I have to rely on what I see through the gaps of the gates. Sometimes, I take a moment and just close my eyes, imagining how the houses are, the shops. I know that the life there is very hard, but I'm sure that families all gather around the fire to hear stories told by their elders. It's something so casual and normal, something I've never had.

- I understand how you feel. Taking a break sometimes is the only thing that can really help.

I'm glad that Lady Caitlin chose to trust me. Although I know that she guards the majority of her reason for herself. I understand. I'm not gonna tell her precisely why I'm here. She probably wouldn't understand, and the rumors would go crazy. I smile and get up, readjusting my trench coat. It's still early, but if I want to make my usual tour, I have to go.

- I don't want to be rude, but I have to go. I had a pleasant conversation with you, Lady Caitlin. I hope that you will find the solutions at your problems.

Malbe
Malbe

Expié engagé

Ven 10 Jan - 23:01

Caitlin
A fateful encounter

- I understand how you feel. Taking a break is sometimes the only thing That can really help.

She smiled sincerely , it was the first time someone understood. Usually we looked her wrong in asking why she said such nonsense. She was noble, good and rich family. Many envied her.
Dmitri, understood it because he was like her. This was reflected in his approach and clothes. And this, what they shared, was a good start. More: both felt the same thing: the desire to escape.

- I do not want to be rude , I have to go order . I had a pleasant chat with you , Lady Caitlin . I hope That You Will Find the solutions at your problems.

So early? Curiosity seized her. Why did he want to leave when they were just beginning to talk. He seemed so nice, so open-minded. She gets up from the bench and her lady education took over on her curiosity, as usual.

- Oh well , thank you anyway. It was very nice to meet you Dmitri.

No, she couldn't stay there. She held him back by the arm, without offending his coat which, apparently he loved.

- But, if I can afford.. Are we going to meet again?

Cody D. Everglade
Cody D. Everglade

écrivain à succès

Ven 10 Jan - 23:37

Dmitri

Time for miracles

Meet again ? I would love to, for sure, but I don't know..Isn't she married ? Wouldn't that be against the rules ? I honestly have no clue about where the boundaries are, I've just had my first proper conversation in like an eternity ! I look down at where her hand is holding my arm. She really wants to see me again, I guess. Maybe she has no one that actually listens to her.

- It was lovely indeed.

I look around, finally setting my eyes on the bench.

- I'm here every day at the same time, if you want to see me. It would be my pleasure to talk with you again.

I smile. I didn't expect my day to be this eventful, and it's just the morning ! Who knows what the rest of this day will bring. It sure wasn't disappointing. I'm sure it's not safe to say I've just won a friend, but I can see Lady Caitlin becoming one in the future. Those ignorant people wouldn't believe it that the " blue-eyed man" has friends. Ha ! I'm going to prove them wrong. I'm going to show them that I'm perfectly normal.

Malbe
Malbe

Expié engagé

Dim 12 Jan - 16:45

Caitlin
A fateful encounter

She puts eyes on the arm of Dmitri held by her. She lets him free to move knowing that the moment of separation came.

- It was lovely indeed.

She nods, accepting these words full of truth.

- I'm here every day at the same time, if you want to see me. It Would be my pleasure to talk with you again.
- It's Was a pleasure too. I'm delighted that we are encountered.

She was not lying, it was a nice meeting. She was impatient to tell it to ... No, decidedly there was no one to whom she could talk. Not her husband and still less her parents. Of a sudden she thought again her lost love that filled her with sadness. Hunting challenging these memories she returned to Dmitri.

- Have a good day.

She readjusted her big hat and smoothed her dress. She walked away with a graceful and slow gait.

Contenu sponsorisé